Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
a very healthy muffin good for in the morning with coffee. It tastes delicious!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 (8 ounce) packets instant plain oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line pan with muffin liners and then spray with Pam.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredient except ground flaxseed.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, egg whites and applesauce.
- Gradually stir wet mixture into dry mixture.
- Spoon into muffin pan and sprinkle tops with ground flaxseed.
- Once baked, sprinkle with cinnamon and immediately place on cooling rack.