Recipe by andypandy
This is a nice side relish for hamburg, hot dogs, cold beef or pork, it is good on sausage too.
- 2 heads green cabbage
- 8 medium carrots
- 4 red peppers
- 4 green peppers
- 12 medium onions
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind or shred all the vegetables, to the texture you would like.
- Place in a large bowl, add the pickling salt, mix well, cover and let sit two hours.
- Drain off liquids, and squeeze out well.
- Add all remaining spices , sugar, and vinegar and mix well.
- Place into jars, and refrigerate, or seal.