Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Yummy potato salad that my family really enjoys! Great any time of the year!
Top Review by Let's Cook Lisa!
I used a baked ham shoulder to make this salad. It was so good! The ham really adds a lot of flavor and puts a twist on the traditional potato salad. My DD had 3 helpings so I guess you could say it went over well! This one is now a new member of my favorites and will be made soon again, as I froze some of the leftover ham for just that purpose.
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise (Do NOT use fat free or low fat)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs cold potatoes, cooked, peeled, and diced
- 1 lb cooked ham, i use ham shoulder, cubed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves, washed, and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Cut ham into 1/2" cubes, and set aside.
- In a lg bowl combine potatoes, ham, peas, onion, and thinly sliced red and green pepper.
- Mix salad dressing into the other ingredients in a lg bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until thouroughly chilled.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.