Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I checked the recipes and didn't see one made exactly like this, so I am posting it. Rich and SCRUMPTOUS is what this is! My FAVORITE all time dessert! Just like a huge piece of DECADENT chocolate loaded with nuts and crust... Or your FAVORITE Chocolate Chip Cookie magnified... You choose what sounds better to you!!! I make this yearly per request for my niece for her birthday pie right after Christmas, as it is her FAVORITE as well... Before serving we always microwave each slice of pie for 1-2 mins. to warm the pie well, and then put a HUGE scoop of French Vanilla ice cream on top. It doesn't get any better than this :) This recipe will have you HOOKED for LIFE!!!
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsley chopped
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- French vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a lg. bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.
- Mix in flour, sugar, and brown sugar until well blended.
- Blend in melted butter or margarine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 1 hour, then remove from oven, and cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
Is this pie supposed to be gooey inside? Mine was still gooey even though I baked it for an hour and 10 minutes...
This is decadent for sure! If you love chocolate chip cookies, you should love this pie. I did find that I had to bake mine longer - about 1 hour, 20 minutes. Made for Gimme 5 tag.
This is wonderful! I just realized I never reviewed it...I made it twice so far and it is perfect every time. Thanks!