Recipe by pattyk2897
This is a quick recipe made by my husband's first wife before she died. It is another of my favorite dishes to make. Rarely is there leftovers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage or 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1 cup for topping)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 medium diced green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced green olives (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In skillet brown hamburger, sausage.
- In large Dutch oven cook bag of noodles as directed on package.
- In large baking dish, combine cheese, soup, tomato sauce, corn, olives, onion and green pepper. Set aside.
- Drain cooked noodles and meats add to baking dish mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly, remove cover add remaining cheese place back in oven until cheese melts.