Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick recipe made by my husband's first wife before she died. It is another of my favorite dishes to make. Rarely is there leftovers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage or 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1 cup for topping)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 medium diced green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced green olives (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In skillet brown hamburger, sausage.
- In large Dutch oven cook bag of noodles as directed on package.
- In large baking dish, combine cheese, soup, tomato sauce, corn, olives, onion and green pepper. Set aside.
- Drain cooked noodles and meats add to baking dish mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly, remove cover add remaining cheese place back in oven until cheese melts.
Very nice family supper! Works great for an oven dinner while you're doing something else at the last minute. *PAC Spring 08*