Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I made these yesterday for my Holiday Appetizer Party with my cooking and recipes group and they were really good! The amount is approximate, depending on how much you fill the scoops. I had some scoops left over when I got done making mine.
Top Review by Weird Al Loser
Made these for a going away party, and i couldn't put them in the oven fast enough! I skipped the salsa and i just used a block of colby jack, which i shredded my self. I also made the meat the night before and refrigerated it to save some prep time AND so that the bottoms of the taco shells wouldn't get soggy from the grease BEFORE i even baked them.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 8 ounces chunky salsa
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Frito Scoops, bite-size
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lg. skillet over med-high heat fry hamburger until almost done, chopping to break up the meat into small pieces.
- When meat is done, drain grease.
- Add half the pack of taco seasoning and water. Continue cooking until water is evaporated.
- Add salsa, and mix well.
- Add half the bag of Mexican blend cheese. Mix well until cheese melts. Set aside.
- When ready to make scoops, fill each one with a little meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix sour cream and the rest of the pack of taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Top scoops with additional cheese.
- Put on a lg. baking sheet, and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Put on serving platter, and dollop with a little sour cream mix.