Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love making this when I am making other Mexican dishes, like tacos, enchilladas and burritos... Goes great with just about anything!
Top Review by redneckgetaway51
This is a great quick and easy dish. I have a lot of hamburger that I need to use up in the freezer. Wanted something a little different, but easy to make. This fit the bill. I made a taco salad with it for me using a tortilla shell and shaped it in a bowl, and put in microwave for 1 and a 1/2 minutes, atop a bed of lettuce. Every one else wrapped it in tortilla shells. Even the finicky kids who don't like rice liked it, and ate the leftovers for lunch the next day. Thanks so much for posting. I will be putting this on my rotation dinner menu.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice.
- Cook the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add onions, cayenne pepper, and taco mix. Mix well, and cook until onions are done.
- Add Ro-tel tomatoes, and rice. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add Mozzarella cheese, and mix in well.
- When cheese is melted serve.
- Note:Cooking time includes 25 minutes to make rice.