Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, brown sugar glazed carrots, coleslaw and rolls and you'll have a meal fit for a "King"!
- 2267.96-2721.55 g rib roast
- garlic powder, enough to coat roast well
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle all over with garlic powder and rub into meat.
- Cut onion into slices, and put all over top of roast, and hold in place with tooth picks.
- Bake at 350°F for 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 145°F (med-rare).
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
I had a rib roast in the freezer that needed to be cooked. Of course I came here looking for reviews. I didn't want anything complicated and I wanted it to cook while I was at church. This recipe was fantastic! I seasoned the outside of the roast and then put the onions on. I set the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes because I wouldn't be home when it shut off. I could have cooked it just a little longer...maybe another 15 or so minutes for a 5.25 lb roast. It was medium rare at the outside but rare inside.
Very good roast - our's took a bit longer than the time specified, but then the roast was over 7 pounds, so that was expected. Served this with potatoes and carrots for a wonderful dinner! Thanks for sharing!
I made this prime rib for my DH for our anniversary and it was just perfect! We like ours medium rare and we got just what we asked for! Tender and flavors throughout the meat, it was everything I had hoped it would be and more. Flavors couldn't have been any better! This will be my go to recipe for prime rib from now on!