Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, brown sugar glazed carrots, coleslaw and rolls and you'll have a meal fit for a "King"!
Top Review by jneen
I had a rib roast in the freezer that needed to be cooked. Of course I came here looking for reviews. I didn't want anything complicated and I wanted it to cook while I was at church. This recipe was fantastic! I seasoned the outside of the roast and then put the onions on. I set the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes because I wouldn't be home when it shut off. I could have cooked it just a little longer...maybe another 15 or so minutes for a 5.25 lb roast. It was medium rare at the outside but rare inside.
- 2267.96-2721.55 g rib roast
- garlic powder, enough to coat roast well
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle all over with garlic powder and rub into meat.
- Cut onion into slices, and put all over top of roast, and hold in place with tooth picks.
- Bake at 350°F for 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 145°F (med-rare).
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.