Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I made this recipe for my Halloween party this year, and everyone loved it... Easy to make, and would be a great dish for the kids to help with. Let them draw the spider web on top!
Top Review by DogAndCatDoc
Made this for an appetizer at a "harvest" party. Everyone loved it...tasted great and very cute. Used frito lay scoops for the chip...super easy and quick. I added in a can of olives between the meat and cheese. I also doubled the recipe using about 1.5 pounds ground beef and still only two cans of refried black beans...put each one in bottom of a deep dish pie plate and then layered as instructed. Baked about 25 minutes. I was suprised that the sour cream doesn't melt and spread...I was pleasantly suprised when I put it on, as the dip was still moderately warm...the sour cream stayed just perfect! Will certainly make again!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-tel green chilies
- 4 ounces medium hot chunky salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefour cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- tortilla chips or Frito Scoops
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lg. round or oval dish spread out refried beans.
- Fry hamburger until no longer pink, and drain grease.
- Add Ro-tel tomatoes and taco seasoning mix and let liquid boil out. Mixing a few times so the burger doesn't stick.
- When most of the juice is evaporated put the meat mixture over the refried bean layer.
- Spoon on salsa and spread across meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- In the meantime, spoon the sour cream into a small Zip-Lock bag, and cut the corner. Pipe a large dot in the middle of the cheese, then make a line about 1" from the circle all the way around.
- Make another circle 1" from previous circle all the way around, and continue making lines until you are at the edge of the mixture.
- Drag a tooth pick through the sour cream to make a web design OR you can draw horizontal lines with the sour cream a few inches apart, all the way around to make a spider web, so you can add more sour cream to the top. I usually do it this way.
- I decorated the top with a little spider for added affect.
- Use tortilla chips to scoop up dip.