Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I serve this with Toasted Garlic Bread and a salad. For us (2), we LOVE pasta, so this recipe is enough for dinner, and 1 leftover serving for lunch the next day.
- 1 lb spaghetti (I use Dreamfields, and cook about 11 mins. after it starts boiling)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 thin veal fillets
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup kraft mozzarella cheese, I use fat-free
- 3 -4 cups spaghetti sauce, I use my own without the sausage (Linda's Meaty Spaghetti Sauce)
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shredded (optional)
- Boil water for spaghetti, and cook as directed on box. When done, drain, and set aside with cover on pan, to keep hot.
- Meanwhile put the bread crumbs on a lg. dish. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl.
- Dip veal fillets first in the egg whites, then in the bread crumb mix.
- Turn heat on high, and place a lg. frying pan on burner. Add oil, and let get nice and hot.
- Add veal fillets, and cook on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a 9x13" pan spread out enough spaghetti sauce to cover where you will be placing the fillets.
- Place the fillets on the sauce mixture. Cover with cheese.
- Top with spaghetti sauce, and bake in a 350 oven, for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Add about 1 cups of sauce into drained spaghetti. Mix in well.
- Serve spaghetti onto plates.
- Add more spaghetti sauce on top.
- Place fillets onto plate.
- You can sprinkle Parmesano Reggiano cheese on top of each serving.