Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
It doesn't get much better than this! Quick and easy to make, and great when your on the run with the kids, or if things are hectic and you need something for supper last minute. These are enjoyed by young and old, and good any time you are in the mood for something sloppy and delish!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking for something quick to make for mine and my SO's dinner on 1/27/13, and decided to try this recipe.As the meat/onion mixture was cooking,a bit of seasoned salt and extra pepper was added. After draining, the remaining ingredients in Step 2 were added. Since I'm not that crazy about dill pickles,a bit of sweet pickle relish was used. The way this recipe is written,it would be great for kids and those adults who don't like spicy.But I think if you add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes or a dash of chili powder, it would be great for those that like a bit of heat. This is a recipe that could appeal to a lot of taste buds. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 lb ground beef, 85% lean
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 slices American cheese (I like the lg. Velveeta slices) or 4 slices of your favorite cheese (I like the lg. Velveeta slices)
- 12 slices dill pickles
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion in large skillet over med-high heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1- 2 minutes or until hot.
- To serve, divide the meat mixture into 4 servings, then spoon onto the bottoms of the 4 rolls.
- Top each roll with 1 slice of cheese and 3 pickle slices.
- Top each with the top half of the roll and serve.