Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It doesn't get much easier than this, but don't let the simple ingredients fool you. Packed with flavor, you are bound to love these as much as my family and I do! Great for those nights you want to get in and out of the kitchen, or when your starving and want something in a hurry! You'll wonder why you ever bought Sloppy Joe in the can!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large onions, cut in 1/2, and sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, to your taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup (or more)
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 bulkie rolls
- Brown hamburg in frying pan, then add onions (and peppers if using), and garlic powder. Cook until onions are done.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add ketchup, and mix in well. Let cook on low for a few mins., so the ketchup can mix in with all the other flavors.
- Serve on hamburger or bulkie rolls.
This really is a super speedy way of putting a meal on the table,with little effort and just handy larder/fridge ingredients. We really enjoyed this...the children (who are only 4 and 2) had theirs with mash and veg and enjoyed every scrap of it..the adults did it properly in rolls.A very enjoyable and delicious meal,that is perfect for those nights when time really is an issue.Thanks Linda! Made for 1-2-3 Hits.
I had my niece staying with me for the week and we decided on Sloppy Joes for lunch. This one caught my eye as it looked simple and I had all the ingredients in the cupboard. It took us no time at all to throw these together, and the results tasted so good my niece wants to have them again before she goes home! Simple, tasty and great for a quick delicious meal! Thanks for sharing this one with us!