This appetizer is great for just about any social event... With the addition of the shrimp, everyone just raves about them. Try them, you won't be disappointed!
- Place eggs in salted water, and bring to a boil. When water starts to boil hard, take off burner, put on cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Take eggs out, and crack each one as you run under cold water, to peel off the shell.
- Cut each egg in half, and put the yolks in a bowl. Put egg whites and egg yolks aside for now.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder, and lemon.
- Open can of shrimp, and drain well. Using your hands mince shrimp between your fingers until they are mixed up well (so they are shredded and not in pieces).
- Repeat this step with the egg yolks too. (I hate big chunks of egg).
- Add shrimp and eggs to the mayonnaise/mustard mixture in the bowl,and mix together well.
- Stuff egg whites with mixture.
- Put on a serving plate, and sprinkle with paprika to decorate.
- Cover with Saran Wrap, and chill until ready to serve.
This was a great appetizer to have for Easter. Everyone wanted the recipe, but I told them it was my secret!
These would certainly make great appetisers that would have everyone rushing back for more! I made a smaller quantity which we enjoyed with salads and crispy rolls on a warm evening and then again next day for lunch. They were great for my take-to-work lunch. I'm planning to make these next time I'm taking food to work for a morning tea. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe, Linda: just loved the blend of flavours. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
I made for my DD's college graduation party this weekend. Oh Linda, these were sooooooooo good! I ate 2 while I was making them. (Just had to taste test them you know). They were EXCELLENT! I might try these with crab next time and leave out the mustard and add some Old Bay Seasoning just to change it up a bit. Great recipe for a bbq or for lunch too! Thanks for another winner!