Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy to prepare, even the kids love this one, because it's YUMMY! This recipe will have you going back for a 2nd helping for sure... LOL It's ADDICTING!
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed with milk and butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a lg. frying pan cook the onion until almost done.
- Add beef and stir, cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Add a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the top of the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13" baking pan.
- Top with the 1 can of whole kernel corn, spreading across the meat mixture, then add the 2 cans of cream style corn.
- Cook and mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Add the mashed potatoes over the top of the casserole.
- Dot with pats of butter all over the top.
- Put in a 350F oven, and bake for 30 minutes or until top is lightly brown.
Very tasty comfort food. My mashed potatoes probably should have been a tad stiffer (I thinned them out a bit more than normal to make it easier to spread), but I don't think it would have made it 'cut', any better. It 'spooned' onto the plate very nicely though. Good mix of spices, next time I may add cheese to the top for the last few minutes. Thanks for a great Monday night meal Linda! Made for Help a Naked Recipe tag game.
I doubled this and used a big lasagna pan when I invited my family to eat with us, so I would have plenty to go around. Everyone loved it made this way, and thought it tasted fabulous! This is another keeper!
This is such a great one to have when it's cold outside and you want to warm your insides and please your belly! I loved the infusion of the creamed corn into the meat and the potatoes were so good on top. Though the ingredients are simple, the mix of flavors in so delicious and addicting. I had to stop myself from having a third dish! This is totally comfort food for us, and it's a winner all the way into my favorites!