Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the flavors in this pasta salad with the addition of the lemon, shrimp and Old Bay Seasoning! I often substitute whole wheat pasta in this dish... I also double the mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning and lemon, adding half when I initially make it, then just before serving I add some more, so it isn't dry after sitting in the fridge for flavors to meld... Sometimes I just double up on the shrimp or the crabmeat instead of using both together... Either way, this recipe is a KEEPER for sure!
- 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 6 ounces fresh baby shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions.
- Drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Immediately toss with lemon juice.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve on a bed a lettuce.
This is delicious! Thanks for sharing. I used shrimp, bay scallops, and some fake crabmeat. Also added a cup or so of diced cucumber, which complimented the other flavors. Thanks again!
I'm writing to say thank you for a recipe that I prepare once a month or so. Everyone I serve it too loves it. I use "snow legs" in the making and I don't skimp. I like to add dried dill and a few dashes of cayenne. Delicious.
I used spiral pasta, forgot the peas and substituted garlic and herb Old bay for the regular flavor. Also had to use canned crab and added the zest from the lemon as well as the juice. Considering all the changes made, I started wondering what the original recipe tastes like! What I made is indeed delicious, but I am really missing the peas. Thanks for the recipe, the pasta to sauce proportion is perfect!