Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very rich, creamy, and tart dessert. This is one of the many delicious things Linda served us on our visit to"the beach" to see the Buckingham's of Great Bridge. I will always have fond memories when ever I even think about Key Lime Pie. I used one bag of Key Limes, about 20-24 tiny limes. I also used one inner package (9 sheets) of Nabisco original Graham Crackers. I called my sister-in-law to tell her that I had made her pie... I said it was not as good as hers, that I cooked the crust too long, and my limes were not as fresh as they could be. I also told her my poor right thumb was sore from squeezing the limes. She said she saw a key lime squeezer, and that she was going to get some for the two of us.
- Make 9" pie shell.
- Mix cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Combine with butter and press into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 for 8 minute.
- Mix milk with egg yolk.
- Slowly add lime juice and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with slivers of Key Lime.