Recipe by Secret Agent
I hate lima beans. They are grainy and gross. My husband LOVES them so one day I accidentally made lima beans that I absolutely adored. It was a timing mistake, but a delightful mistake! The beans were supposed to cook for 20 minutes but I set the timer for 60!
- 2 large smoked ham hocks
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen lima beans
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch chives
- 2 carrots, pared and chunked
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 scallions, diced white part and pale green part
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the hocks and water into your pressure cooker and set for one hour on high pressure.
- When done, remove to a bowl while the rest of the ingredients cook.
- Add all the veggies and seasonings to the liquid in the pressure cooker and set to high pressure for one hour.
- Meanwhile, pick the meat out of the hocks and dice.
- When the time is up on the pressure cooker let it cool down naturally and then add the meat back to the cooker.
- Test a lima bean - they should be creamy with no grainy texture at all. If they are grainy turn the pressure cooker on for about 15 more minutes.
- Serve it up with Yankee corn bread!
- This recipe is for frozen lima beans, not dried or canned.