Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love potato salad, and am always trying new ways to make it... Here is one of my FAVORITE recipes at my house!
Top Review by JustMeMelMel
Awesome! Made it using all the ingredients listed with sweet relish and celery salt. Wow! It makes lots so it's great for a crowd. Perfect for those nights you don't want to heat up the kitchen. Was a great side with our grilled steaks. Thanks!
- 10 large potatoes, cut into med. cubes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 20 green olives, finely diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Do NOT use fat free or low fat)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish (optional) or 1⁄2 cup dill relish (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beau monde spice or 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- pepper, to taste
- radish, flowerettes cut out wedges in the radish to make look like a little flower
- 1 sprig parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in salted water, until fork inserted in the middle comes out easily, about 20 minutes DO NOT overcook, or salad will be mushy.
- When potatoes are done, drain, and cool.
- Peel off skins, and put in refrigerator to chill. (If I am in a hurry, I put them in a bowl and put them in the freezer for about 1/2 hr.).
- Meanwhile, cut up all veggies and mash eggs, and mix together in bowl. Add to cold potatoes.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, beau monde/celery salt, relish (if you are using it), and pepper.
- Mix in with potato and veggies. Mix well, and top with paprika.
- I add 2-3 whole radish flowerettes on the top for decoration, and add a sprig of parsley on each side for the leaves.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.