Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love potato salad, and am always trying new ways to make it... Here is one of my FAVORITE recipes at my house!
- 10 large potatoes, cut into med. cubes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 20 green olives, finely diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Do NOT use fat free or low fat)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish (optional) or 1⁄2 cup dill relish (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beau monde spice or 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- pepper, to taste
- radish, flowerettes cut out wedges in the radish to make look like a little flower
- 1 sprig parsley
- Cook potatoes in salted water, until fork inserted in the middle comes out easily, about 20 minutes DO NOT overcook, or salad will be mushy.
- When potatoes are done, drain, and cool.
- Peel off skins, and put in refrigerator to chill. (If I am in a hurry, I put them in a bowl and put them in the freezer for about 1/2 hr.).
- Meanwhile, cut up all veggies and mash eggs, and mix together in bowl. Add to cold potatoes.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, beau monde/celery salt, relish (if you are using it), and pepper.
- Mix in with potato and veggies. Mix well, and top with paprika.
- I add 2-3 whole radish flowerettes on the top for decoration, and add a sprig of parsley on each side for the leaves.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Awesome! Made it using all the ingredients listed with sweet relish and celery salt. Wow! It makes lots so it's great for a crowd. Perfect for those nights you don't want to heat up the kitchen. Was a great side with our grilled steaks. Thanks!
My family dug into this and it was gone in the shake of a lambs tail! We will enjoy this often this summer with all the barbecues we have coming up!