Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Linda sent me this recipe.
Top Review by getoutofmygalley
OH MY! I cannot even begin to describe how delicious this was! My family couldn't stop raving about it at the table. I served it with a slowcooker pot roast and some peas.I even forgot to put in the milk and it STILL turned out lovely. DEFINITELY will be making this on a regular basis as opposed to regular/mashed potatoes. Thanks so much!
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked, and sliced
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttered bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Beat the cottage cheese and melted butter together, and spread a layer over the potatoes.
- Combine flour, salt, chives, pepper, and thyme, and sprinkle some over the cottage cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with potatoes.
- Pour milk over all.
- Combine crumbs and Parmesan, and sprinkle over casserole.
- Dot with butter, and bake for 30 minutes.