Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These potatoes are so good! The only problem with them is that they are not PC - that must be why they are yummy! Make them ahead and stowe in the refrigerator until they are needed. Reheat in the microwave.
- 5 lbs potatoes, new, partially peeled
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Philly of course!)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Gently boil the potaotes in a large pot of water. Make sure to add the salt to the water before it boils.
- Potatoes should take 15 minutes or so, just boiled until they are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to hot pot and shake them around until they are on the dry side and no water remains.
- Add cream cheese and butter and smash the potatoes with a potato masher or large spoon.
- Add ceam a little at a time until the potatoes are the consistancy you desire. You may need more or less depending on the moisture content of the potatoes.
- Pile into a warm buttered bowl with a pat of butter on top.
- You can make this dish up to 3 days ahead.
- To add interest to the potatoes add a little paprika, parsley or snipped chives after you plate them.
- NOTE: If you are using large potatoes just cut them in half or quarters.
I made these potatoes and used a 3 pound bag of red potatoes. Halved the ingredients and still had more potato flavor so went ahead and added the ingredients as posted. We enjoyed them that night but two days later when I reheated them we could really taste the difference, very nice flavor. Thank you for posting, made and reviewed for the Election Tag 2008.