Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adore popovers, and this recipe, from a best friend, is my favorite.
Make and share this Linda's Perfect Popovers recipe from Food.com.
- Pour milk into small bowl of electric mixer; sift in flour and salt.
- Beat at medium speed until batter is smooth, about 1 1/2 min.
- ,scraping bowl frequently.
- Add butter and eggs; beat to mix thoroughly, about 1 min.
- (Avoid overbeating; it reduces volume.) Ladle batter into well-greased custard cups, filling cups half full.
- Place cups on baking sheet and place on rack in center of hot oven (400°).
- Bake in hot oven about 40 min.
- Keep oven door closed until about 5-10 min.
- before end of baking time or popovers may collapse.
- Remove popovers from oven, prick sides with kitchen fork to permit steam to escape.
- Lay popovers on their sides in custard cups and return to oven, heat turned off and door left ajar, for 5 min.
- to dry inside.
- Makes 7 popovers bakes in 5 oz.
- custard cups.