1 hr 20 mins
I adore popovers, and this recipe, from a best friend, is my favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour milk into small bowl of electric mixer; sift in flour and salt.
- 2Beat at medium speed until batter is smooth, about 1 1/2 min.
- 3,scraping bowl frequently.
- 4Add butter and eggs; beat to mix thoroughly, about 1 min.
- 5(Avoid overbeating; it reduces volume.) Ladle batter into well-greased custard cups, filling cups half full.
- 6Place cups on baking sheet and place on rack in center of hot oven (400°).
- 7Bake in hot oven about 40 min.
- 8Keep oven door closed until about 5-10 min.
- 9before end of baking time or popovers may collapse.
- 10Remove popovers from oven, prick sides with kitchen fork to permit steam to escape.
- 11Lay popovers on their sides in custard cups and return to oven, heat turned off and door left ajar, for 5 min.
- 12to dry inside.
- 13Makes 7 popovers bakes in 5 oz.
- 14custard cups.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Perfect Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 215.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g