1/3 Photos of Linda's Pasta Salad
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I love pasta salad in the summer and make it often... This is one that I make often, and it's WONDERFUL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta, cooked and drained (corkscrew)
- 1 large onion, cut in 1/2, then sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in 1/2, then sliced into thin wedges
- 3 large broccoli florets, separating flowers into bite size pieces and peeling stem, and cutting into thin slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives (left whole, cut in 1/2, or cut into slices)
- 16 ounces bottle* of your favorite salad dressing (I use Italian, Caesar or Christy's Greek Dressing, (my favorite)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta according to box directions, drain and let cool (do not overcook pasta, or salad will be mushy). Refrigerate.
- 2Meanwhile, slice and dice all veggies, and put in a big bowl. Refrigerate.
- 3When all is chilled mix veggies in with pasta, and add salad dressing, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all well.
- 4*Save some of the salad dressing to pour on just before serving. When it's time to serve you can add more salad dressing, if you like more. The pasta has a tendency to soak up salad dressing as it marinates, so I save some to add right at serving time.
- 6Use kalamata, or green olives instead of black.
- 7Add little corn ears.
- 8Add your favorite cheese, any hard, American or Feta.
- 9Add cheese and diced pepperoni, or hard salami.
- 10Add frozen green peas, thawed.
- 11Add radishes, diced, or sliced.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 833.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 11.3 g