Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is a really TASTY Fried Clam recipe. Try it and see for yourself... It's a WINNER! You can also use this same recipe for scallops, oysters, and any other fish...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to its lowest setting.
- 2Line a lg. cookie sheet with double thickness of paper towels, and place it in the oven.
- 3Pour vegetable oil into a deep fryer, or a lg. heavy saucepan, to a depth of about 3".
- 4Heat oil to 375°F.
- 5In a bowl, beat the eggs until well blended, then stir in the milk and salt.
- 6Spread the flour on a lg. strip of wax paper.
- 7Drop the clams into the egg-milk mixture, and let them soak for 1 minute.
- 8Pick up a handful of the soaked clams, and roll them in the flour until well coated. Shake off any excess flour before dropping in the oil.
- 9Immediately drop the floured clams into the hot oil, and deep-fry for 1-2 mins., until golden brown.
- 10As they brown, transfer them to the towel-lined pan, and keep them warm in the oven, while the rest are cooking.
- 11Serve with lemon wedges, tarter sauce, and ketchup.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's New England Fried Clams
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 417.6 mg
- Sodium 3450.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 69.9 g