Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This sandwich is GREAT served hot or cold! If eating cold make up a day ahead, and let the flavors meld. If serving hot, follow the directions below. This is one AWESOME sandwich to bring to the beach, camping, or to the office for lunch! Here's the recipe to make your own Muffuletta Bread, and here is the recipe for the Olive Salad. You wanna talk about a SPECTACULAR sandwich? Here it is folks!
- 10 inches muffuletta bread, loaf
- 3 ounces honey-roasted ham, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces mortadella, with pistachios, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces genoa salami, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup olive salad
- 5 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bread in half horizontally, to form a sandwich bun.
- Layer the ham on the bottom slice of bread.
- Add the mortadella, then the salami.
- Spread the olive salad over the meats evenly.
- Top with the slices of provolone cheese, and place the sandwich top on.
- Press down slightly to compress the sandwich.
- Wrap the sandwich in foil, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt into the olive salad.
- Slice sandwich into 4 quarters.
- Use toothpicks to secure the layers. Remove.
- before eating.