Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for the kids and adults as well! Enjoy as a Halloweenie Treat, or any other time you feel munching!
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 lb marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, dates, raisins and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe 9x13" dish, melt butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Add peanut butter. Cook on high 2 minutes longer. Stir until well blended.
- Add cereal mixture to dish, and toss until.
- well coated.
- Working quickly with greased hands, form.
- into balls, using about 1/2 cup mixture, per ball.
- If mixture begins to harden, cook on high for 30 seconds, or until softened.
- If desired, mixture may be spread in an unbuttered 9x13" pan, then cooled, and cut into bars. It will make 24 bars.