Prep 45 mins
Cook 11 mins
I always make these for pot lucks, or when I need an appetizer for a special occasion... They are a BIG HIT, and I always make them for the holidays to munch on before dinner! You can also omit the taco seasoning mix and salsa and use 1 pkg. Seven Seas Ranch Dip mixed in with the cream cheese instead, to make just a regular Veggie Pizza. It is also very good!
- 2 (453.59 g) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 35.43 g packet taco seasoning mix
- 236.59 ml taco sauce (I use Ortega Thick And Smooth Med (hot)
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh broccoli, heads finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml black olives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out crescent rolls onto a lg. non-stick baking sheet. Stretch and flatten to form a single rectangular shape on the baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Place cream cheese in a med. bowl. Mix cream cheese with taco seasoning mix and taco sauce. Adjust the amount of taco seasoning mix, to taste.
- Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Arrange carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, onion and black olives on top. Press down with hands.
- Chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hours.
- Cut into bite-size squares to serve.
These are one of the best appetizers I have ever had. They were enjoyed by my whole family during the holidays and I have made them a couple of times since just for us. The kids really love them too. They even fought over the last one!
I made a half batch as a test run for an appetizer for our annual halloween party. The kids couldn't leave them alone, and it looked so pretty with all the colors of fall (green broccoli, red, orange and yellow peppers, carrots). Just what I was looking for.
I had to make a couple of dishes for a pot luck and wanted to try these. They went in a flash, and I was mighty lucky to get one!!! These things fly out of the dish. I've never seen anything like it! The kids especially liked them, and it's a great way to get the veggies into them. We will have again and again for parties etc., and I can't wait to show off my new recipe at work. I am going to be the appetizer diva of the month when these things hit the lunch room!!!