Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I always make these for pot lucks, or when I need an appetizer for a special occasion... They are a BIG HIT, and I always make them for the holidays to munch on before dinner! You can also omit the taco seasoning mix and salsa and use 1 pkg. Seven Seas Ranch Dip mixed in with the cream cheese instead, to make just a regular Veggie Pizza. It is also very good!
Top Review by KitchenWitchWay
These are one of the best appetizers I have ever had. They were enjoyed by my whole family during the holidays and I have made them a couple of times since just for us. The kids really love them too. They even fought over the last one!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup taco sauce (I use Ortega Thick And Smooth Med (hot)
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh broccoli, heads finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup black olives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out crescent rolls onto a lg. non-stick baking sheet. Stretch and flatten to form a single rectangular shape on the baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Place cream cheese in a med. bowl. Mix cream cheese with taco seasoning mix and taco sauce. Adjust the amount of taco seasoning mix, to taste.
- Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Arrange carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, onion and black olives on top. Press down with hands.
- Chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hours.
- Cut into bite-size squares to serve.