Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
One of the guys in one of my cooking groups posted this the other day and said it was so good, I decided to try it and made a few adjustments of my own... Here is my version... It's DEEEEEEEELISH!
- 4 cups frozen hash browns or 4 cups fresh potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese, more cheese for the top
- 2 cups ham, diced, as much as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer half the potatoes and ham in a baking dish.
- Combine flour and milk in a covered container, and shake well, removing all lumps with a fork. Pour into a saucepan, and cook over med-high heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add tomatoes, onions, half the cheese, and chili seasonings to the pan. Mix well, and allow cheese to melt.
- Pour half the tomato mixture over the potatoes and ham.
- Place remaining potatoes and ham on top, and pour the rest of sauce mixture over potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350, for 30-35 minutes.