Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love making this pizza, which started out as an experiment, and quickly became a favorite in my house... If you like Mexican, you will LOVE this tasty pizza! This pizza is a little on the hot side, so adjust the jalapenos and juice accordingly. If you don't like real hot, use the Pepperocini peppers and juice instead of the Jalapenos. It gives it a nice zip, but no where near as hot as the jalapenos.
- 1 (12 inch) homemade prepared pizza crust or 1 (12 inch) store bought prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce, your favorite
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa, I use Pace
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice, from pickled jalapeno pepper jar or 2 tablespoons pepperocini juice, from pickled pepperocini pepper jar
- 1 -2 jalapenos (pickled, chopped or sliced) or 20 -25 pepperoncini peppers, slices (pickled)
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained well
- 1 large slice onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups mexican cheese
- Mix pizza sauce, and salsa together. Add Jalapeno juice, and mix well.
- Pour on pizza shell, and spread out to edge of pizza shell.
- Spread jalapenos all around, on top of sauce.
- Spread black olives on top of pizza.
- Spread onion on top of pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese all over top of pizza, spreading to cover all.
- Cook at 425 for 15-20 minutes.
Great pizza. Loved the spiciness with the jalapenos. I did add taco meat but loved it.
Thank you, Linda! This is just what I've been looking for. To all of those who are thinking about trying this, don't listen to the sissy lips. Go for the jalapenos. I did add some chopped chicken and it was great. Next time, I'm going to use the "Corn Crust for Pizza" (#129015). A friend use to use a similar crust on her Mexican pizzas. I'm looking forward to using this recipe again, and I promise you, it'll be soon. Thanks again!
This was sooooo good! We used the pepperoncini peppers on juice on ours but also sprinkled a smidge of jalapenos op top as well! We used Recipe #273693 for the dough and I used my own salsa and pizza sauce! Definitely a repeater! Served with pic de gallo and gaucamole! :) Thanks for posting!