Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bring your next Mexican dinner up a notch with this DELICIOUS corn! Great at BBQ's and family get togethers too! Start with 1 tsp. of chili powder, and depending on how hot you like it, you can adjust by tasting.
- 8 ears corn
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaf, freshly chopped
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 limes, juice of
- chili powder, to taste
- 2 limes, cut into wedges for garnish
- Remove the husks of the corn, but leave the core attached at the end so you have something to hold onto.
- Grill the corn on a hot grill or cast iron frying pan, until slightly charred, turning so it gets cooked evenly all over.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, and cilantro together.
- Grate the Parmesan in another bowl.
- While the corn is still warm, add the mayonnaise mix, and mix well.
- Squeeze lime juice over the corn, and top with Parmesan.
- Season with chili powder, to taste. Mix well.
- Serve with extra lime wedges.
- Note: You can cut the corn in half to make more if you like.
This was very different, but very tasty. I think next time I will try using the Mexican type cheese called Queso Fresco or Cotija Cheese and see how that tastes. It needed a tad bit of salt for my taste, but other than that, DELICIOSO!! Thanks for sharing!!
I have been doing a lot of Mexican cooking and I couldnt wait to make this corn. It went so good with our Fish tacos over the weekend!
I have had this recipe for some time and wanted to make it, so we had it last night. The corn was delicious, though a little messy, but of course it doesn't matter, because it's so darn good! Plan on having more than one ear a piece!