Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Years ago I wanted to try something different in my meatloaf and decided to add the rice. My family and I loved it, and have been eating it ever since. I have several that I make, but this one is one of my FAVORITES!
Top Review by gwynn
This was a wonderful meatloaf. Loved the rice in it. It was something just a little bit different. My whole family just couldn't get enough. Will be making this many more times. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put beef and onions together in a lg. bowl. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs, eggs, and milk, and mix well.
- Add rice and water, and mix well. (It will be soupy. It won't be like that when it's done).
- Add 1/2 cups ketchup, and 1/2 cups tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and mix well. I use my hands to mix it together. It doesn't look so good before being cooked, but it is when it is cooked!
- Put mixture in a 9x13-inch casserole dish, shaping into a loaf.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ketchup and tomato sauce together. Pour over top of meatloaf.
- Bake in 350°F oven, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.