Recipe by mandabears
This recipe is from the Phila. Jewish Exponent from Ethel Hoffman's Thanksgiving column. It can be used for Passover using kosher for passover macaroons and canned fruits.
Top Review by MSMD310
my mom makes this every year for passover- with just peaches, pears and apricots and I LOVE IT!!!! I was going to post it, but then I found your recipe and had to give it all my stars!
- 3 (29 ounce) canssliced peaches, drained
- 3 (29 ounce) cans pears, drained and sliced
- 3 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 16 ounces frozen pitted cherries, thawed
- 16 ounces dried apricots
- 12 ounces macaroons
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl gently mix peaches, pears, pineapple, cherries and apricots.
- Set aside.
- Place macaroons in food processor and crush coarsely(may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Spread 1/3 crumbs evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the fruit.
- Repeat layers ending with macaroon crumbs.
- Scatter slivered almonds and brown sugar over the top.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle melted margarine on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is bubbly and lightly brown.
- Serve warm.