Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from the Phila. Jewish Exponent from Ethel Hoffman's Thanksgiving column. It can be used for Passover using kosher for passover macaroons and canned fruits.
- 3 (29 ounce) canssliced peaches, drained
- 3 (29 ounce) cans pears, drained and sliced
- 3 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 16 ounces frozen pitted cherries, thawed
- 16 ounces dried apricots
- 12 ounces macaroons
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl gently mix peaches, pears, pineapple, cherries and apricots.
- Set aside.
- Place macaroons in food processor and crush coarsely(may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Spread 1/3 crumbs evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the fruit.
- Repeat layers ending with macaroon crumbs.
- Scatter slivered almonds and brown sugar over the top.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle melted margarine on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is bubbly and lightly brown.
- Serve warm.
my mom makes this every year for passover- with just peaches, pears and apricots and I LOVE IT!!!! I was going to post it, but then I found your recipe and had to give it all my stars!