Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This salad is really delicious. It goes great at a party, pot luck supper, family get together, wedding, baby shower, or as an side dish with your favorite meal, barbecue or picnic...Try it, and enjoy!
Top Review by CoffeeB
Thanks Linda for making my Easter dinner table a little more prettier. I chose to do this layered salad in a trifle bowl to show off all the colorful layers of salad. I chose celery, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled eggs, parmesan cheese and two kinds of shredded cheese. The skys the limit for what all you could put into this wonderful salad. I chose all things I knew my extended family would enjoy. I should also mention I used one bag of already cut up Hearts of Romaine lettuce:-) Made for 123Hits.~
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half, then into thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut in half, then sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, cooked, and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried, and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large trifle bowl or glass bowl with shredded lettuce.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, celery, peppers, onions, peas, and black olives in layers.
- Spread mayonnaise over top, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Top with cheeses, and sprinkle bacon over the cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours.