Recipe by mums the word
From Linda's Low Carb recipe website. I used low fat sour cream and cheese. (You may use low fat cheddar cheese if preferred.) I make the topping ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to assemble.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (can use canned)
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meats, garlic, onions and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain fat, stir in the rest of the ingredients (except for those listed under topping).
- Put meat mixture into a greased 7"x 11" baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and spoon over the surface of the meat mixture, then spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the topping is nicely browned.