Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just created this tasty dish for my lunch today, and wanted to share it with all of you, because it was SOOOOOOOO GOOD! The pictures posted are on a sandwich plate, not a lg. plate. This salad is an individual serving, and you can double or triple the ingredients to make enough for however many you want to serve. It is just DELISH! I used Spring Salad mix to make the salad pictured, but I think next time I will just use plain lettuce. You can also substitute crab or shrimp in this lovely dish.
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, chopped fine, you may use imitation
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 6 dill pickle slices, chopped fine (not Kosher)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- fresh lemon juice (optional)
- salad greens, your choice
- paprika, for garnish
- In a med. size bowl, chop lobster meat.
- Chop celery and dill pickle chips, and add to bowl.
- Add Old Bay Seasoning and mayonnaise. If using lemon add now, to taste. Mix well.
- Arrange salad greens on a sandwich size plate.
- Scoop mix on top of greens.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Makes 1 lunch size salad serving.
Great light snack for lunch. I was a little confused with the dill pickles in the recipe when the instructions say "dill pickle chips" so I used pickles and it turned out amazing. I added a little more old bay per my own taste and ate it with crackers...yummmm. Thanks LoriMama for a delicious quick recipe!
So refreshing and so good! Salads don't taste any better than this one, if your a lobster lover like I am!
It always amazes me how good simple ingredients can make a recipe taste. This is a lovely salad. I didn't add the lemon juice and doubled the recipe, since there were two of us. I believe I'll add just a wee bit more Old Bay next time. Made for a nice light dinner. :)