Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an old recipe of my mothers, though I am not sure where it originated. I am not a fan of lime or even marshmallows really, but this stuff is dee-lish! I always serve it with Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter dinner. When I cook birthday dinners for family, it is requested then as well.
- Pour lime jello in a 9x13 pyrex dish.
- Add 3 cups boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- While jello is still hot, stir in marshmallows and cream cheese pieces.
- CHILL FOR ONE HOUR.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Drain pineapple.
- Remove jello from fridge, fold in pineapple, walnuts and whipped cream until well blended.
- Chill for 3-6 hours or overnight.
Rather yummy ! I did use 8 oz contanier of coolwhip instead of whipping the heavy cream. It came out just fine. Also, 50/60 mini marshmellos didnt seem enough I did add more. Thanks for the easy and yummy dessert !