Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This dish is just plain delicious, and one that can be made within 1 hr. I serve it lots of times when I am having company, and I always get lots of compliments on this awesome dish!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We enjoyed this recipe, and for a dish that appears quite complex, it is actually quite easily and quickly prepared. I would have liked to use angelhair and will try it like that next time, but unfortunately I only had spaghetti in the pantry, it worked very well, however. Thank you Linda, a special supper with relatively little fuss!
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, shells removed, and uncooked, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) packages button mushrooms, sliced or 2 (7 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lb angel hair pasta or 1 lb thin spaghetti or 1 lb fettuccine pasta or 1 lb linguine, cooked according to pkg. directions, I use whole wheat
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put on water to boil for pasta.
- In a lg. frying pan saute half the garlic along with all the onions, and mushrooms in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In another lg. frying pan saute the shrimp and the rest of the garlic in 4 T. of olive oil for 1 minute
- Add vodka and lemon juice, and cook about 2-3 mins., until shrimp are cooked, and vodka is reduced. Mix in with mushroom mixture, and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. When done, drain well and return to pan. Set aside.
- In the meantime mix eggs, cream, and Parmesan cheese in a saucepan, over med. heat, mixing well. Heat until cheese is melted. Add to pasta, tossing well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add all other ingredients, and toss well.
- Add more salt, pepper, to taste.
- Let simmer a few minutes.