Recipe by Gingerbee
Linda was great for finding these quick and calorie-iffic goodies to share with me! She worked in an office where they had bake-off's weekly and this HEAVY cheesecake won my heart! If you love cheesecake, you'll love this one :) She'd top it with cherries and it makes a great dessert for any fancy occassion.
Top Review by Amy Nikolai
I had my mother-in-law visiting from Naples, Florida this week, and was hosting a Mother's Day lunch. I had no idea what I could make for dessert, as I've never baked before in my life! I printed off this recipie and was stunned by how easy it was to make (it took about 10 minutes). The real test was what my mother-in-law, in addition to the other 9 family members attending, thought of my "baking debut" .... everyone loved it! My husband was duly impressed with my baking skills (wink, wink) and I was a hit with my mother-in-law!
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese and whip.
- Gradually beat in one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla and beat in small amounts of sugar and salt alternately.
- Pour into well-greased pan.
- Place cheese cake pan into another pan filled 1/2 way with hot water and place both pans in a preheated 325 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Cheese cake should be removed from pan before completely cooled.
- Variation: Top with favorite fruit filling; cherry, pineapple or apple.