This fun recipe for a Kitty Litter Box is great for Halloween parties, and will have everyone talking and tasting for sure, including the kids! Tastes GREAT and is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next Spooky Party! Cooking time does not include time baking cakes. Cook cake according to pkg. directions on box.
- 2 (18 ounce) caramel flavored cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 6 eggs (or as called for by your cake mixes)
- 2⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mixes)
- 2 2⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mixes)
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
- 1 (6 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix
- 12 -16 small Tootsie Rolls
- 1 new kitty litter box
- 1 plastic Pooper Scooper
- green food coloring
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions on box, using 2 9x13" pans. Let cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Once cooked, cover bowl with saran wrap, and chill in refrigerator, until ready to assemble cake.
- Place Vanilla sandwich cookies in a heavy duty Zip-lock plastic bag, and roll with a rolling pin until cookies are crumbled.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs. Add a few drops green food coloring to the 1/4 cup crumbs, and mix with a fork.
- Remove the cakes from their pans, and crumble into a lg. bowl.
- Toss cake with 1/2 the remaining vanilla cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding.
- Mix gently with the cake crumbs until evenly moist.
- Put mixture into a NEW litter box that has been lined with plastic wrap.
- Unwrap the tootsie rolls. Place 3 of them in a microwavable dish, and heat on LOW until soft and pliable, checking every 30 secs. Taper the ends of the tootsie rolls, rolling them between your palms and curving slightly, to make them look like pieces of poop.
- Repeat with remaining tootsie rolls, heating them 3 at a time. Bury some of them and you can place a few on top too. Sprinkle some of the ones on top with cookie crumbs.
- Sprinkle the other 1/2 of cookie crumbs over top of the cake.
- Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top (this resembles the colored granules in some brands of kitty litter).
- Dip the scoop in the box, and your ready to scoop and eat!