1/5 Photos of Linda's Kitty Litter Cake
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This fun recipe for a Kitty Litter Box is great for Halloween parties, and will have everyone talking and tasting for sure, including the kids! Tastes GREAT and is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next Spooky Party! Cooking time does not include time baking cakes. Cook cake according to pkg. directions on box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (18 ounce) caramel flavored cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 6 eggs (or as called for by your cake mixes)
- 2/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mixes)
- 2 2/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mixes)
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
- 1 (6 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix
- 12 -16 small Tootsie Rolls
- 1 new kitty litter box
- 1 plastic Pooper Scooper
- green food coloring
- 1Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions on box, using 2 9x13" pans. Let cool completely.
- 2Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Once cooked, cover bowl with saran wrap, and chill in refrigerator, until ready to assemble cake.
- 3Place Vanilla sandwich cookies in a heavy duty Zip-lock plastic bag, and roll with a rolling pin until cookies are crumbled.
- 4Set aside 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs. Add a few drops green food coloring to the 1/4 cup crumbs, and mix with a fork.
- 5Remove the cakes from their pans, and crumble into a lg. bowl.
- 6Toss cake with 1/2 the remaining vanilla cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding.
- 7Mix gently with the cake crumbs until evenly moist.
- 8Put mixture into a NEW litter box that has been lined with plastic wrap.
- 9Unwrap the tootsie rolls. Place 3 of them in a microwavable dish, and heat on LOW until soft and pliable, checking every 30 secs. Taper the ends of the tootsie rolls, rolling them between your palms and curving slightly, to make them look like pieces of poop.
- 10Repeat with remaining tootsie rolls, heating them 3 at a time. Bury some of them and you can place a few on top too. Sprinkle some of the ones on top with cookie crumbs.
- 11Sprinkle the other 1/2 of cookie crumbs over top of the cake.
- 12Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top (this resembles the colored granules in some brands of kitty litter).
- 13Dip the scoop in the box, and your ready to scoop and eat!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Kitty Litter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 89.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caramel flavored cake mix
new kitty litter box