Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fun recipe for kids (big ones too!) and can be made very fast and economically. You can cut the dogs and biscuits in half or leave them whole.
- 8 hot dogs, cut in half
- 8 refrigerated biscuits, cut in half (I use flaky)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Cut an "X" into the ends of the hot dogs about 1 inch long.
- Flatten biscuits slightly and spread a little mustard on each one.
- Lay a hot dog on the mustard and roll the biscuit around it, securing with a tooth pick.
- Bake for 15 minutes or according to the directions on your biscuit container.
- You should see a golden biscuit and the piggies should have opened 'crowns' on their ends.
- You can use any canned biscuit, frozen puff pastry or pie dough. You can cut puff pastry into 1/2 inch strips and spiral them down the hot dog for an elegant look. You can jazz it up by adding a small piece of cheddar cheese on the biscuit before wrapping.
- Always cook the dogs according to the directions for your dough.
- Pass extra mustard, sweet relish, and for kids - lots of ketchup.
- I hope you enjoy this recipe.
These things are awesome! Good party food. I used dijon mustard.