Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This dish is one of my FAVORITES.... I was experimenting in the kitchen one night and came up with this... I hope you enjoy it as much as I always do... Goes great with pork chops or chicken!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, 8-inch, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tony chachere's more spice seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty both cans of tomatoes into a lg. sauce pan.
- Add onions, and let come to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes on med-high.
- Add cut up zucchini's and spices, and boil just until zucchini are al dente.
- Ladle out into bowls.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and put 1 pat of butter in bowl, let melt, for some added flavor. With or without the butter, it is delicious!
- You can add bell peppers, and summer squash to this too. If you do, add another can of tomatoes, and adjust seasonings to your taste.