Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These appetizers are REALLY YUMMY! They go GREAT with just about anything.
- 30 large fresh button mushrooms, wiped off, stems removed then chopped fine, and set aside for filling
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, juices added
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, and minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4-1 cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemild monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 lemon, juice of, 1/2 squeezed on top before serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together minced clams, garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion, bread crumbs, egg, green onions, parsley, Italian Seasoning.
- and black pepper.
- Slowly stir in approximately 1/2 the butter, enough to make the mixture slightly moist.
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add Cheddar/Jack Cheese on top, and return to oven for 10 more
- minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon juice before serving, if you like.
I made these to take to a graduation party, and everyone loved them! The platter was empty in about 10 minutes. I can't wait to have another event to go to, so I can make them again. These are better than any I have had in a restaurant, and I've had them often as they are one of my favorite appetizers! Hubby insists on these again soon, even if I have to make them for just he and I!