Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Delicious any time of year, but fun to make for all the holidays, sticking to the theme by using candies related to the holiday. Try using candy corn pieces on top for Halloween, Red and Pink M&M's for Valentines Day, Red and Green M&M's for Christmas. Pastel M&M's for Easter etc... The sky is the limit here! Use your imagination, and have LOTS of FUN making this for your next party! Kids love making these pizzas, so it's something you can do together, or do with the kids at a party.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Yummy! For a Superbowl party, I made two pizzas with the two team colors. I used chocolate covered espresso beans roughly chopped in the food processor for the Seattle pizza which was the favorite. My only reason for not giving this five stars is that it was difficult to cut into pieces.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces miniature M&M's chocolate candies, divided (or 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup M&Ms)
- 2 cups candy bars, cut up (I use Snickers and Butterfingers, but use any you like)
- 2⁄3 cup coconut, fine or 2⁄3 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel topping (or 1 bag caramels, melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening, then combine thoroughly with sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir into batter.
- Stir in 1/2 of the M&Ms (or 1 cup chocolate chips.)
- Spread batter onto a 14" lightly greased pizza pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove pan, and spread candy bar pieces evenly over pizza while hot.
- Top with coconut.
- Return to oven, and bake additional 3-5 minutes.
- Stir the candy pieces and coconut together on the pizza, with a fork, just to blend.
- Drizzle on melted caramels or caramel topping.
- Sprinkle remaining M&Ms over top, and lightly press into the caramel.
- Let cool and cut.