Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
What's not to love about these deliciously flavored taters? They are great with eggs, bacon and toast, or as a side to pork chops, and hamburger and sausage patties. Heck, they are good with just about anything!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil, in a large non-stick frying pan, over med-high heat.
- Put the onions on one side of the frying pan, then put the potatoes on the other.
- Sprinkle the spices over the top.
- Mix in the garlic with the onions. Stir well.
- When onions are tender add the garlic and onion mixture to the potatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender and nicely browned, stirring frequently so the onions and garlic don't burn.
Great potatoes! I followed the recipe as directed, but waited a little longer to add the garlic. There were so easy and tasted wonderful with breakfast. Thanks Linda for a nice keeper. Made for 8th Annual Photo Swap.
Awesome! I had some red potatoes left over from a stew, so I used those and left the skins on. I also cooked the potatoes a little first, and added the onion and garlic a little later, because I thought my pan was too small to do it your way. But it was perfect. My husband and son LOVED them, and they made a great side for burgers.
Stand up and take a bow Linda..these are just fabulous! I made a big mistake in halving the recipe..I wish that I had doubled it,as these are so delicious...they were being eaten out of the pan as I was attempting to plate everything up!! I fried the potatoes with just the seasonings to begin with,as I was afraid that the onion and more importantly the garlic would burn and taste bitter.When the potato was halfway cooked,I threw in the onion and a few minutes later the garlic.The potatoes were cooked perfectly and seasoned well,the onion was sweet and delicious and the garlic just set it all off.We really enjoyed this very simple dish,and will certainly be doing this again.Thanks Linda! Made for 1-2-3 Hits.