Secret Agent's Note:
I found a recipe for easy toffee that wasn't so easy and wasn't so toffee like so I came up with this. Totally yummy! Be sure to score it while it is hot to make cutting it easy when it has chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Melt butter, sugars and salt in a saucepan over very low heat. Don't rush. I have a 'melt' setting on my new-fangled stove and that worked great.
- 3Bring to a low boil over medium heat and continue boiling, stirring to prevent burning, for 4 minutes.
- 4USE A SILPAT! Spray a 1/2 sheet pan and then line with a silpat or you are doomed to crumbs. Ask me how I know --
- 5Arrange grahams on sheet pan in a single layer, and drizzle with toffee. Use an offset spatula to spread toffee to the corners, covering all crackers. Work quickly but be careful not to burn yourself.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
- 7Watch the baking carefully – it is only a few seconds from bubbly and perfect to burned.
- 8Remove from oven and spread chocolate chips evenly.
- 9Pop back into the oven for two or three minutes to help soften the chocolate chips.
- 10Use your offset spatula to spread over all the toffee covered graham crackers.
- 11Sprinkle with ground nuts, gently pressing into the melted chocolate and being careful not to burn your hands.
- 12Score into 1 inch pieces while still warm. I used a bench knife which kept my cuts somewhat straight.
- 13Cool in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened and then cut through the score marks.
- 14Freeze or refrigerate in an airtight container.
- 15NOTE: This stuff is like molten lava. I gave myself a doozie of a burn when I took the toffee out of the oven because the thumb of my oven mitt touched the toffee. I took off the mitt and burned myself. What? You didn't hear me screaming?
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Graham Cracker Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (910 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g