Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
A wonderful recipe for SCRUMPTIOUS Southern Fried Chicken from my friend Linda.
Top Review by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
I am not going to rate this It did not work for me I think the problem might be determing what bite size pieces are,I cut them into small pieces, my idea of bite size, then when I read to coat them one at at ime I knew they were to small, because of the small size they were crowed in the pan and did not get crisp
- 2 lbs chicken, with skin
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1 peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup lard, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into serving-sized pieces. Do not remove skin.
- Wash in water with the juice of the lime. Drain, and dry well.
- Mix seasonings in a glass dish.
- Place chicken into the glass dish, and rub seasonings into chicken pieces. Cover, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When ready to make chicken remove from glass dish and wipe with a paper towel.
- In a paper bag mix salt and flour, and shake pieces of chicken one at a time, until well coated.
- Place chicken pieces on a plate.
- Melt 1/2 the butter, and lard in a frying pan.
- When fat is hot, cook chicken until light brown, turning occasionally.
- Add hot water and wine to the pan. Cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- In another frying pan, melt the rest of the lard and butter.
- Remove pieces of chicken from first frying pan to this pan, and fry crisp, for a few secs., over moderate heat.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve at once.