Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These potatoes are delicious, rich, creamy and fluffy. Try them, and see for yourself. NOTE: If you use smaller potatoes, use less milk. Start with 1/2 c. and go from there.
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, and quartered
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 eggs
- In a large pan, boil potatoes with salt until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain water, and add remaining ingredients.
- Mash until smooth, with a potato masher.
- Do not whip continually with a beater, or they will get gooey, and starchy as the gluten breaks down.
- Note: You can turn this recipe into garlic mashed potatoes, by adding 3 cloves roasted garlic when you mash.
- You can turn this recipe into garlic onion mashed potatoes, by adding sauteed onions, and roasted garlic to your taste, while mashing.
- For another tasty dish, try adding shredded Cheddar cheese, and cooked broccoli pieces.
Seriously yummy! :) I jumped at Linda's suggestion of making these as GARLIC mashed potatoes and added the three cloves, even though I'd cut the recipe in half to serve two; I'm an unashamed garlic-lover. We greatly enjoyed these with TeresaS's Recipe #152910. I used low-fat milk and low-fat sour cream, which I have found in no way seriously compromise flavour. Thank you, Linda, for sharing this delightfully and most deservedly super-star recipe. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
BEST...POTATOES...EVER!! We tried them out over the weekend to see if they would work for Thanksgiving and I was blown away! They are by far the fluffiest, most melt in your mouth mashed potatoes that I have ever eaten! My son doesn't like anything but instant and he never questioned them and actually got seconds! This is the only recipe that I'll be using from now on. Thanks you so much for posting!
The picture of these alone had me hooked, as they looked so light and fluffy (not glutenous-UGGH!) and just the way me and my DH love our mashed potatoes. These where a perfect addition to our wonderful anniversary dinner! You have another winner here Linda. I always know where I can go when I want something on the high end of good!