Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Here is a recipe that I LOVE, and have made several times. Great for showers, parties, and family get togethers! Preparation time does not include chilling time in the fridge.
Top Review by Recipe Maven
These tiny appetizers are packed with flavor and they looked so pretty on the table too! They were fully enjoyed at my daughter's college graduation and I got asked about 10 times for the recipe. (Just so happened I made copies, because I knew how good they were. :) You don't have to wait for a party to have these though. They are great for a snack while playing cards or watching the game, or any old time for that matter. We loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green onion, finely minced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas, depending on how much filling you put on each one
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain crab meat, and set aside.
- Put the cream cheese into a glass dish, and microwave for 45-60 secs., to soften.
- Blend softened cream cheese with black olives, chilies, and green onions.
- Gently fold in crab meat.
- Spread crab mixture over entire surface of each tortilla with a thin coating.
- Roll tortillas up, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut each tortilla into 1/2" slices.
- Put on a serving dish, and garnish with lime wedges and jalapeno slices.
- To spice it up a little more, you can also add jalapenos into the mixture, to your taste. If you like it more on the mild side, remove the seeds and the white part of the jalapeno, then cut into strips and dice into small pieces.
- You can make and freeze these ahead of time. Just take out well before serving time, to thaw out.