Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This scrumptious pasta dish will tickle your taste buds, with a nice blend of veggies, seafood, and cheesey sauce atop mounds of pasta. Served with Garlic Italian bread, a simple salad, and a nice glass of wine, makes this meal fit for a king.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, cleaned
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups whipping cream, heavy
- 3 cups pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine pasta
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small carrots, washed, and thinly sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Clean crabmeat.
- 2In a lg. skillet heat vegetable oil, on med-high heat, until bubbly.
- 3Meanwhile, put flour on a lg. plate, and mix crabmeat into the flour.
- 4Pull out the pieces of crabmeat, shake off excess flour, and place in skillet.
- 5Cook on med-high, until pieces are slightly brown.
- 6When crabmeat pieces are done, take out of the oil, and drain on paper towels.
- 7Meanwhile place the butter in a med. size sauce pan.
- 8Melt it on a low heat.
- 9Add the garlic and cook to about 1 minute Do not brown.
- 10Add in the cream, and stir the mixture until warmed.
- 11Add in three-fourths of the Pecorino Romano cheese, and stir until dissolved.
- 12Add in thinly sliced carrots and asparagus pieces, and let simmer for 10 mins on med. heat.
- 13Add tomatoes, and let cook until all veggies are tender, but not mushy.
- 14Add the crab, to heat through. DO NOT overcook.
- 15When heated, turn heat to warm.
- 16Meanwhile in a lg. pot, bring water to a boil.
- 17Salt the water slightly, and add 1 T. of olive oil to the water, to keep the pasta from sticking.
- 18Cook the fresh pasta noodles according to pkg. directions.
- 19This should not take longer than 4 mins., if you are using fresh pasta.
- 20If using packaged noodles, cook according to package directions.
- 21Drain in a colander when cooked.
- 22Place the drained pasta into the pan with the warm sauce.
- 23Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 24Toss the mixture, until all the pasta is coated well.
- 25Place on a pretty platter.
- 26Sprinkle with the additional Romano cheese.
- 27Dust with a very small amount of cracked pepper, and serve immediately.
- 28*DO NOT let the pasta and sauce cook together for too long, or the pasta will soak up all the sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Fettuccine, Crabmeat and Veggies in Creamy Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1679.4
- Calories from Fat 1187
- Total Fat 131.9 g
- Saturated Fat 67.1 g
- Cholesterol 485.8 mg
- Sodium 699.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese