Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This scrumptious pasta dish will tickle your taste buds, with a nice blend of veggies, seafood, and cheesey sauce atop mounds of pasta. Served with Garlic Italian bread, a simple salad, and a nice glass of wine, makes this meal fit for a king.
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups whipping cream, heavy
- 3 cups pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine pasta
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small carrots, washed, and thinly sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Clean crabmeat.
- In a lg. skillet heat vegetable oil, on med-high heat, until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, put flour on a lg. plate, and mix crabmeat into the flour.
- Pull out the pieces of crabmeat, shake off excess flour, and place in skillet.
- Cook on med-high, until pieces are slightly brown.
- When crabmeat pieces are done, take out of the oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile place the butter in a med. size sauce pan.
- Melt it on a low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook to about 1 minute Do not brown.
- Add in the cream, and stir the mixture until warmed.
- Add in three-fourths of the Pecorino Romano cheese, and stir until dissolved.
- Add in thinly sliced carrots and asparagus pieces, and let simmer for 10 mins on med. heat.
- Add tomatoes, and let cook until all veggies are tender, but not mushy.
- Add the crab, to heat through. DO NOT overcook.
- When heated, turn heat to warm.
- Meanwhile in a lg. pot, bring water to a boil.
- Salt the water slightly, and add 1 T. of olive oil to the water, to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Cook the fresh pasta noodles according to pkg. directions.
- This should not take longer than 4 mins., if you are using fresh pasta.
- If using packaged noodles, cook according to package directions.
- Drain in a colander when cooked.
- Place the drained pasta into the pan with the warm sauce.
- Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Toss the mixture, until all the pasta is coated well.
- Place on a pretty platter.
- Sprinkle with the additional Romano cheese.
- Dust with a very small amount of cracked pepper, and serve immediately.
- *DO NOT let the pasta and sauce cook together for too long, or the pasta will soak up all the sauce.